Do you love chicken? How about chicken nuggets? Are you following the keto or low carb WOE and missing these crispy babies something fierce? Well, I might have a solution for you!
Go get yourself some ground chicken and whip up these bad boys today. Trust me, you’ll be really, really happy you did. Make a ton? Throw ’em in the freezer for a rainy day! Or a sunny day – ANY DAY! They taste legit and the texture is on point – and they’re still KETO!
These are super easy, and you can use this recipe to make chicken patties or chicken tenders! The shape is totally up to you, my friend. Just take some ground chicken and form in the shape that your heart desires – on this particular day, I chose traditional nuggets.
The best part by far is that these taste amazing – crunchy and tender all at the same time, and packed with flavor! An added bonus is that these are also zero carbs on their own! The only carbs from my meal come from the ketchup and honey mustard. A perfect meal for a zero carb challenge, or if you’re following a carnivore WOE.
The macros for my plate as it is were 741 calories, 86g protein, 32g fat, and 3g total/net carbs. This was my main meal of the day at the time, so it worked for me! Plus I had a whole batch leftover for the next day!
Here are the exact ingredients that I used:
- 72g Pork King Good crumbs, original
- 15g grated parmesan cheese
- 7.8 oz ground chicken breast
- 1 large egg mixed with S&P + Daks Spices original red to taste for egg wash
- 20ml no sugar added ketchup
- 50ml G Hughes sugar free honey mustard
- Preheat your air fryer or convection oven to 375°F
- Prepare your egg wash
- Form nuggets or patties or tenders with the ground chicken
- One at a time: dip in an egg wash and then dip in a mixture of pork rind crumbs and finely grated parmesan cheese. Repeat this step twice for that extra crunch.
- Cook those nuggets in the air fryer for 20 minutes, depending on the size (patties might take longer than nuggets), flipping half way through
- Let cool, then dig in! I love dipping my nuggets in NSA (no sugar added) ketchup and sugar free honey mustard!
If you make these, please tag me on Instagram! I want to see your creations, and I want to hear what you think!